How to Properly Season Your Humidor
So, you've got a new humidor. Yay! But before you can use it, you must first properly season your humidor so it will keep your cigars at the best possible conditions.
Today, I'm going to show you how to season your humidor the right way.
Whether you're trying to season a new humidor or bring an old one back to life, the process is largely the same. And, before we get started, there are a few items you'll want to go grab and have handy.
Things You'll Need
- Distilled water
- A rag, paper towel, or sponge
- A bowl to hold the water
- Hygrometer (humidity measurer)
- Humidification element
Now that you've collected your materials, here's a video showing you how to properly season your humidor so your cigars are kept at a perfect 70% humidity.
In the video, I'll share tips for:
- What to do if your humidity is too high in your humidor…
- What affects your cigars have on humidity…
- My process for seasoning a new humidor…
- How I raise the humidity of an old humidor…
Enjoy, and happy smoking!